Sunday, March 20, 2011

Snark Sailboat Ontario

The past of personal computing: HISTORY OF THE MICRO

I know that for months for not publishing anything, so I'm not making excuses or anything. However, I wanted to publicize an exhibition which I think is quite interesting, is titled as the title of this post, The past of personal computing: HISTORY OF THE MICRO , and is open from March 16 until April 26

Exposición Historia de la Microinformática

The exhibition takes place at the University of Jaén, Spain, is led by Francisco Charte and has a good amount of microcomputer material from old computers like the ZX-81 or the Commodore PET systems Removable Storage as an eight-inch disks (I never got to use those), punched tapes, etc.

Similarly, Francisco Charte has also written a book to complement the exhibition with Creative Commons license that can be downloaded for free (below are the links for information and downloads).

My idea is to try to go to the show before it ends in April, but for those who do not have that possibility, Francis told me that the idea is to make a video that fully recovered and put on-line.

Anyway, I love this kind of initiatives and the truth is more than an exhibition (hey, I'm not complaining that we do) what I like is that there a museum of computing in general or of microcomputers in particular here in Spain, but while that is not possible to enjoy initiatives like this.

More information:

exposure Wiki: http://museopc.ujaen.es/mediawiki/index.php/Portada

Web

Francisco Charte: http://fcharte.com/

Paper History of the Microcomputer: http://fcharte.com/HistoriaMicroinformatica.pdf

Good

0 comments:

Post a Comment