Monday, May 2, 2011

I Put Milk In My Keurig

Starting typewriter


The news has caused me deep grief, such as causing the death of an old friend with whom contact was lost long ago and had forgotten. Closed the last company that manufactured typewriters and definitely off the mechanistic metallic sound as it approached closing time thundered in newspaper newsrooms.

has had to close to find out that the only one who resisted was India's Godrej & Boyce, which was first built in the 50's and has finally succumbed to the lack of orders. Its general manager, Milind Dukla, tells the Daily Mail until 2009, followed by manufacturing between 10,000 and 12,000 machines each year they bought, apparently, defense agencies, courts and government offices. I read the news in the IPAD and, hours later, I smiled after reading the tablet touch CNN blog with the denial of a New Jersey company, which claims continue to manufacture typewriters China factories , Japan and Indonesia, but who want comfort? They are talking about electronic machines and memory banks that just keep some resemblance to my beloved Olivetti.

is best to get the idea. The typewriter died long ago and had not even held a funeral, elated with our new electronic companions, not only in black and white set our ideas, but also the interrelated and submitted to the speed of light to form part of a network infinite, a new universe under which to describe the old machine was buried many pages back.

Personally, I do not remember the last day I used it, although I keep very old stories that I shared with several colleagues today. Paloma Gómez Borrero, with the same tenacity that the plant at Bombay, has continued using it until she was arrested on suspicion of terrorism several international airports that followed the Pope. For some, fashion is still an object, as James Bobin, of Rolling Stone , who is seeking a. Rafaela strongly recommended that hoary recycle museum piece to leave at home from our parents and a friend on Facebook you recommend me follower of this blog which shows that there is life beyond the front door of a machine shop writing. Nostalgia? No way! I undertake not to sell on E-Bay collector pieces left in my family, even if prices rise after death, but that's it.

Rosalia Sanchez

Blog Chronicles from Europe

World April 26, 2011 *******




I do not know but I have some speed typing typing thanks to a little girl fingered the typewriter one of my guys:) I think it was a Smith-Corona almost metallic gray. A purchase of second hand now do not know where you ended up ... a shame: P Not long after, another guy gave me my dear Olivetti Lettera 32 :) faithful companion and working like few others. Even in 2002 still used it and was mocked director of the magazine where I worked last ¬ ¬ had to deliver an item and without pc own and no time to go to a cybercafe, I pulled out my portable machine. The director of the mentioned magazine, I asked why he was still living in the caves : /

Eye, also had a power, but over time, I had many problems with the roll after he was hooked a tag labeled. I took a technician, I was returned in good condition, but soon began to fail and it was not so simple or cheap to find the reels of tape he used. Years it is a "decorative motif" more than my home desktop in Mexico : P




***

0 comments:

Post a Comment