Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Metal Core Green And Black Wheels

Requiem for



Journal of Jonathan Harker (Edited shorthand)


May 3, Bistritz


I left Munich
on 1 May at 20.35 pm, and came to Vienna the next morning, should have arrived at 6.46, but train was an hour late. Budapest seems a wonderful city, so I watched from the train and the little that I could walk the streets. I dared not move away from the station as we had arrived late and would come out as possible according to schedule. The impression I got was that we left we went into West and East, the most western of splendid bridges over the Danube, which here takes on a noble width and depth, took us to the traditions of Turkish domination. We went

good time, and we Klausenburgh after dark. Here, I stopped to stay overnight at the Hotel Royale. I had dinner chicken seasoned with red pepper, very good, but was very thirsty ( Mem., Get recipe for Mina.) I asked the waiter, and said called hendl paprika, which is the national dish, so it could take anywhere along the Carpathians. Here I have proved my rudimentary German course, I do not understand how it could have without them.

In London, I took a few hours I had free to go to the British Museum to consult books and maps bibliotecareferentes to Transylvania, I thought it would be helpful to have the advance some idea of \u200b\u200bthe country, before meeting a nobleman there. I found that the region which is referred to at the end of the territory, just on the borders of three states, Transylvania, Moldavia and Bukovina, in the midst of the Carpathian Mountains, and is one of the most remote and least known Europe. I did not get discover in any book or map the exact location of Castle Dracula, as there are no maps of this country comparable to our Ordnance Survey maps, but found out that Bistritz, the city where Count Dracula was said to dismount, was well known . Consignaré are some things to help me remember when you talk to Mina trip.

Transylvania's population consists of four distinct nationalities: Saxons in the south, and mixed with them, the Vlachs, who are descendants of the Dacians, the Magyars to the west, and Székely east and north. I am among the latter, who claim to be descendants of Attila the Hun. It may be, for when the Magyars conquered the country in the eleventh century they found the Huns settled in it. I read that in the horseshoe of the Carpathians gather all the superstitions of the world as if it were the center of a sort of swirl of the imagination, and if so my stay is going to be interesting ( Mem ., Asking to count on this.)

did not sleep well, but the bed was quite comfortable, I had all sorts of weird dreams. A dog howling all night at the foot of my window, maybe that was why, or maybe it was because of the paprika, because I drank all the water in the jar, and I was still thirsty. I slept when the morning dawned, and I woke up the repeated calls to my door, so I guess I should stay asleep. I made breakfast more paprika, and a kind of porridge made with cornmeal here called mamaliga and stuffed eggplant, delicious dish called impletata ( Mem ., Demand also recipe). I had breakfast quickly because the train started a little before eight, or rather should leave at that time, because after running to get to the station at 7.30 am I sat in the car for over an hour, to boot. I get the feeling that the further east we go, the less specific with trains. How will they be in China?

employ the whole day to traverse a region full of natural beauties of all kinds. Sometimes we could see small villages and castles on top of jutting mountains, as seen in the ancient murals, others ran along rivers and streams that, judging by its broad, stony margins on either side, seem to suffer major floods. It takes a lot of water, and run hard, so that the water will sweep its shores. In all seasons there were groups of Grente, sometimes crowded, with all kinds of ornaments. Some men were just igualq ue farmers of my country, or as I've seen across France and Germany, with short jackets, their hats and pants round home-made, others however, were very picturesque. Women seem nice, if not see them up close, but have very wide waist. They wear long white sleeves of various kinds, and most are restricted a wide belts with a lot of tapes that move around as a ballet dress, although, naturally, carry lower skirts. The strangest figures we saw were the Slovaks, more barbarian than the rest, with big cowboy hats, baggy pants and light colored, white linen shirts and a huge leather belts, nearly a foot wide, studded with nails brass. They wore boots, pants embutín in them, and had long hair and thick mustache and black. They are very picturesque, but not attractive. In the theater they immediately recognize the role of other eastern band of outlaws. However, I am told, are harmless, and they lack natural assumption.

When it was evening, we Bistritz, which is an old city and very interesting. Since it is practically on the border-for the Borgo Pass leads from there to Bukovina-has had an eventful existence, and certainly shows signs of it. Fifty years ago, there was a series of fires that caused terrible disasters on five separate occasions. Very beginning of the sixteenth century, suffered a three-week siege, which killed thirteen thousand people because of the war and ensuing famine and disease.

Count Dracula had directed me to my accommodation at the Golden Krone Hotel, which proved to be very old, much to my delight, because, of course, quero see how ueda on usage. Obviously I expected, because when you reach the door I got an old lady, cheerful expression, dressed in peasant garb ahbitual-white skirt and apron double front and back, colored cloth, too tight for modesty. Once at his side, greeted me with a nod, and said

- Does Herr English?

- Yes, I said, I'm Jonathan Harker.

smiled, and gave directions to an old man in shirt sleeves, who had followed her to the door. That man disappeared, and returned immediately with a letter


Dear friend:

Welcome to the Carpathians. We look forward to. Rest tonight. Tomorrow at the three exit the diligence to Bucovina, I booked it for you. My car will be waiting at the Borgo Pass to bring up here. I hope you had a nice trip from London, and that you enjoy your stay in my beautiful country.

His friend. DRACULA





Bram Stoker's Dracula

Francisco Torres Oliver Translation
Alianza Editorial



1981 ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment